THE HORN LAKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO FILL THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
This position requires a dynamic individual to lead the chamber in its mission, represent and serve businesses and employers in Horn Lake and DeSoto County and reports directly to the Horn Lake Chamber Board of Directors. This position is responsible for cultivating relationships with local City, County and State officials, membership growth and retention along with the planning and execution of events sponsored by the Chamber. A bachelor’s degree or 4-6 years of business-related experience is required.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the role of a Chamber of Commerce, a working knowledge of non-profit organizations, and experience working with a Board of Directors. This individual should be dynamic and goal-oriented, organized, and possess strong communication and leadership skills.
Knowledge of social media including Facebook, Twitter and other similar programs required. Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Quick Books. The Executive Director will be responsible for:
Membership Development, Administrative Duties, and Public Relations that include but are not limited to:
• Attending local, regional and statewide meetings representing the Chamber and the community
• Ensuring compliance in accordance with the Bylaws
• Managing all functions of the office and day to day operations, including budgeting, financial reporting and project management
• Hiring, training, management and development of office personnel.
• Leading, working directly with and serving to solicit sponsorships, plan and implement special events including the monthly networking events, annual Golf Scramble, Food Truck Festival, Quarterly Luncheons others as they arise.
• Creating and maintaining partnerships with community organizations for events and activities.
• Working to coordinate and maintain member recruitment, while maintaining member retention. Building and nurturing relationships with individuals and businesses in the community.
• Planning and preparation of agendas for Board meetings, membership luncheons, committee meetings and similar events.
• Presenting programs and implementing the decisions of the Board of Directors.
• Coordinating all media communications, including website development and updates, media interviews, marketing promotion of all Chamber events and happenings and social media management.
• Attending all Chamber events and meetings.
• Carry out the strategic goals, including mission and vision, as specified by the Chamber Board, and other duties as assigned by the Board.
Total compensation is competitive and negotiable. Interested applicants should submit their resume, references and cover letter to Info@hornlakechamber.com or mail to Horn Lake Chamber of Commerce, 3101 Goodman Road W., Horn Lake MS 38637